Child Support Lawyers

Child support is financial support paid for a child by a parent to the other parent or carer of the child.  Carers can include grandparents, other relatives, or friends, who have the child in their care. Both parents have a duty to provide financial support for their children, even if the parents were never in a relationship.

It is possible to have an informal agreement for Child Support however this means the Child Support Agency will not be able to enforce or assist in the collection of payments. You can apply to the CSA for an administrative assessment. The agency will work out the amount of child support to be paid using a formula based on income (of both parties), living arrangements and living expenses of the liable parent.

More information can be obtained from Legal Aid, or the Child Support Agency. If you would like to discuss your matter with us, please Contact Us today for initial free legal advice.